2. Terms specific to the service
“The site” bitwala .io is operated by Sarafu B.V. (“agent”, “us”, “we”, or “our”). A “Biller” is the party to whom you wish make a payment. “Payment Details” is the information provided by you to us in order to make the payment (generally, but not limited to, Biller name, Biller account number, amount and reference data). A “Business Day” is considered every day, Monday through Friday, excluding official bank holidays.
2.2. General functionality
The user owes from a contract of goods or services to a biller an amount in EUR which is due for payment. This debt is to be taken over by the agent who releases the users payment obligation to the biller.
We are an independent contractor for all purposes, except that for certain services, we act as your agent with respect to the custody of your funds. This Agreement does not alter your liability or obligations that currently exist between you, your Billers and other third parties.
We do not have control of, or liability for, any products or services that are paid for using our Service. The current and most up-to-date fee structure can be found on our homepage but is subject to change without notice.
You understand and agree that you are responsible for ensuring timely payment of all bills. We only process bills on business days and transfer the final sum to the intended biller via bank transfer.
We do not control or assume any liability for delays due to holdups in the bank transfer process or the time required by the biller to credit your account. In these cases we will not be held responsible for any incurred late fees.
We will use reasonable efforts to pay your Bills timely and properly. However, we will not be held responsible if we are unable to complete any Bill Payments initiated by you due to any one or more of the following circumstances:
– If your payment details and/or the Biller details that you provide has been previously associated with potential fraudulent activities;
– If your payment of Bitcoins is received more than 15 minutes after your Payment Request has been made;
– The Bill Payment Service is not working properly and you know or have been advised by us about the malfunction before you execute the transaction;
– The Payment Request exceeds any Euro or frequency limitations imposed by us and/or any limitations imposed by the biller;
– You have not provided us with the correct Payment Account information, or Biller information, including but not limited to, the correct Biller name, IBAN and BIC/SWIFT of your Biller as may be required by the user interface;
– and/or, Circumstances beyond our control (such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, or interference from an outside force) prevent the proper execution of the transaction and we have taken reasonable precautions to avoid those circumstances
When sending us a payment request, you are required to provide all relevant data points to this transaction via data entry forms on the site. Upon completion, you are presented with a Bitcoin payment request.
To ensure timely processing, you must send the required amount of Bitcoins to the specified Bitcoin wallet address associated to your transaction ID within 15 minutes!
In case the transaction takes longer, you may need to open a support ticket with our transaction processor. Your receipt (including your transaction ID) will be displayed on the screen and automatically emailed to you after completion. We recommend you keep a copy of your receipt for your records.
By using the site, you understand that Bills may not be completed as desired (see section 2.3.) We will undertake reasonable efforts to research and correct any issues to resolve the payment.
In case this is not possible, we will initiate a refund.
In order to facilitate the bill payment service, we use a BitCoin payment service provider to receive Euros for the Bitcoins receives. Due to BitCoins price volatility are we unable to refund the amount of bitcoins sent. We can only refund the Euro-equivalent of bitcoins on the day of purchase or refund, or Euros directly via bank transfer or other mutually-agreed payment processor.
Charges and refunds may take 1-2 business days to process.
Our fees charged for the bill pay service are non-refundable.
We do not guarantee the value of bitcoin. You acknowledge that the price or value of bitcoin can change rapidly, decrease, and potentially even fall to zero. You acknowledge that holding bitcoin is high risk. You agree to deliver the agreed upon payment for bitcoin upon confirmation of an order, regardless of changes in bitcoin value.
By using our service, you also agree to the Terms and Conditions of our card provider.
The card is issued by Wave Crest Holdings Limited pursuant to a license from Visa Europe. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa Incorporated. Wave Crest Holdings Limited is a licensed electronic money institution by the Financial Services Commission, Gibraltar. Copyright (c) 2016, All Rights Reserved.